For Christmas, I bought one of my friend’s Shannon Bennett’s book ’28 Days in Provence’. It’s the story of the time he and his young family immersed themselves in the French way of life in September 2011. They didn’t take any recipe books and purchased nearly everything from the local markets. The book also contains around 60 recipes designed by Shanon.
200g caster sugar
250ml extra virgin olive oil
3 lemons, juiced and finely zested
300g plain flour, sifted
1 tbs baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg celsius.
2. Grease and flour a loaf cake tin.
3. Whisk the sugar, eggs and a pinch of salt in a mixer until thick and pale.
4. Combine milk, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey in a large jug. Whisk together. Gradually add to egg mixture, whisking until just combined.
5. Fold through the flour and baking powder. Pour into the baking tin.
6. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden and cooked through.
Dust with icing sugar when cooled.
I don’t have a great oven so it took longer to cook and cracked but it was delicious. So light and fluffy. I’ll definitely be making this again.